Signs of major changes in Jammu and Kashmir had started to meet with the hiccups of the week before. The Rajya Sabha also witnessed a riot since this morning. Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday introduced the Jammu and Kashmir State Reorganization Bill 2019 in the Rajya Sabha. Along with this, he has proposed to remove Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir. Upon submission, he received the President's approval. Along with that, Amit Shah has also proposed a restructuring of Jammu and Kashmir. After Amit Shah's announcement, the opposition made a big splash in the house.
Jammu and Kashmir has now become a Union Territory. Simultaneously, Ladakh has been separated from Jammu and Kashmir. Article 370 Withdrawing, Jammu and Kashmir will no longer be a state. Jammu and Kashmir will be a union territory with MLAs. On the other hand, Ladakh will be made a union territory without legislators.
After three big ads on Amit Shah's Kashmir, the opposition is on the run. The opposition has accused the government of a crucial decision of the Jammu and Kashmir-linked government that the government had not informed them of any such bill before.
- Guha Minister Amit Shah informed the Rajya Sabha today that under Article 370 three families have looted Jammu and Kashmir for years. Leader of the Opposition said that Article 370 connects Jammu and Kashmir with India, this is not true. Maharaja Hari Singh signed the J&K Instrument Accession on 27 October 1947. Article 370 came in 1954. Article 370 should not be delayed for even a second.
- Today is the darkest day of Indian democracy. The decision to join India in 1947 under the leadership of Jammu and Kashmir rejected the two-nation theory. India's decision to remove Article 370 is unconstitutional and illegal: PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti
- In the Rajya Sabha, PDP MP Mir Mohammed Fayez tossed a fake copy of the Indian Constitution. The Speaker then asked him to leave the House. In protest, PDP MPs staged demonstrations outside the house and torn their clothes.
- The PDP MPs protested against the Modi government's decision.
- Bahujan Samaj Party endorsed Modi government's resolution in Article 370 in Rajya Sabha.
- This is not the first time that Congress has amended Article 370 in the same way in 1952 and 1962. So instead of protesting, discuss and remove any misunderstandings you may have. I am ready to answer your questions: Home Minister Amit Shah
- Following changes in Article 370 and other decisions by the Government of India, the Indian Army and the Air Force have been given high alert.
Indian Army and Air Force High Alert ## Following the change in Article 370 by the Government of India and other decisions, the Indian Army and Air Force have been made High Alerts.